CORRECTIONS AND CLARIFICATIONS: An earlier version of this incorrectly stated Ross Chastain finished third in the final 2022 standings. He finished second.
NASCAR speeds into Austin, Texas, this weekend for its first road race of the season.
Sunday marks the third consecutive year that the Circuit of the Americas — also home to Formula One’s United States Grand Prix — will host a Cup Series race on the 3.41-mile road course.
Last year’s race concluded with a wild overtime finish and the first Cup win of Ross Chastain’s career. That victory propelled Chastain to the playoffs, and he eventually finished second in the final 2022 standings.
Will Sunday’s race kick-start Chastain again or will another driver make all the right moves at COTA? Here is all the information you need to get ready for the EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas:
CHASTAIN:How COTA winner went from rule breaker to rule maker
SCHEDULE: How to watch NASCAR Cup Series races in 2023
NEWSLETTER: Sign up to get sports news and features delivered daily
What time does the Cup race at COTA start?
The EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix starts at 3:30 p.m. ET (2:30 p.m. local) in Austin, Texas.
What TV channel is the Cup race at COTA on?
Fox is broadcasting the EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix and has a pre-race show beginning at 3 p.m. ET (2 p.m. local).
Fox Sports 1 will also have an earlier pre-race show beginning at 2 p.m. ET (1 p.m. local).
Will there be a live stream of the Cup race at COTA?
The EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix can be live streamed on the FoxSports website and on the FoxSports app.
How many laps is the Cup race at COTA?
The EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix is 68 laps around the 3.41-mile road course for a total of 231.88 miles. The race will feature three segments (laps per stage) — Stage 1: 15 laps; Stage 2: 15 laps; Stage 3: 38 laps.
Who won the last race at COTA?
Ross Chastain led 31 laps, including the final two in overtime, and pulled away from Alex Bowman by 1.331 seconds on March 27, 2022, to score his first career NASCAR Cup Series victory.
What is the lineup for the EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix at COTA?
(Car number in parentheses)
1. (24) William Byron, Chevrolet
2. (45) Tyler Reddick, Toyota
3. (2) Austin Cindric, Ford
4. (9) Jordan Taylor, Chevrolet
5. (99) Daniel Suarez, Chevrolet
6. (48) Alex Bowman, Chevrolet
7. (16) AJ Allmendinger, Chevrolet
8. (43) Erik Jones, Chevrolet
9. (8) Kyle Busch, Chevrolet
10. (42) Noah Gragson, Chevrolet
11. (23) Bubba Wallace, Toyota
12. (1) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet
13. (5) Kyle Larson, Chevrolet
14. (20) Christopher Bell, Toyota
15. (22) Joey Logano, Ford
16. (21) Harrison Burton, Ford
17. (54) Ty Gibbs, Toyota
18. (47) Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Chevrolet
19. (14) Chase Briscoe, Ford
20. (34) Michael McDowell, Ford
21. (11) Denny Hamlin, Toyota
22. (91) Kimi Raikkonen, Chevrolet
23. (31) Justin Haley, Chevrolet
24. (15) Jenson Button, Ford
25. (19) Martin Truex Jr., Toyota
26. (41) Ryan Preece, Ford
27. (7) Corey LaJoie, Chevrolet
28. (3) Austin Dillon, Chevrolet
29. (4) Kevin Harvick, Ford
30. (6) Brad Keselowski, Ford
31. (84) Jimmie Johnson, Chevrolet
32. (17) Chris Buescher, Ford
33. (78) Josh Bilicki, Chevrolet
34. (77) Ty Dillon, Chevrolet
35. (50) Conor Daly, Chevrolet
36. (38) Todd Gilliland, Ford
37. (51) Cody Ware, Ford
38. (12) Ryan Blaney, Ford
39. (10) Aric Almirola, Ford